Thursday, October 6, 2011

Exploring Melbourne's Cultural Quarter - A Short Photo Parade

Every time I come to Melbourne, I spend a lot of time around the Cultural Quarter - the creative zone that stretches from Federation Square (opposite Flinders Street Railway Station), down to the National Gallery of Victoria. I've been there twice this week and the above photographs are a tiny sample of the hundreds I took. The first images relate to the NGV of course, where I went to see  Vienna Art & Design, marvellous exhibition which is due to finish any day. From there I wandered down to Federation Square (the hefty grey buildings shown above), which I've written about several times before on this blog. (You can read that by clicking on Federation Square in the label lines below).
That's where you'll find NGV's Ian Potter Centre and the Australian Centre for Moving Image, along with crowds of people enjoying the terrific public spaces. The entire area is marvellous for people-watching and photography and I will be sad to say goodbye to them when I leave Australia in two days' time.
Back to wobbly old Christchurch and reality.

1 comment:

Hazel from Hazel Loves Design said...

It certainly is a fabulous spot to spend a lot of time! I intend to go there myself when I return to Melbourne to see my hubby in early November!!

:) Hazel
hazellovesdesign.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin