Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In the Loop

"Passing Time." It's not until I go into the city - or as close as one can get in these days of ruin and red zones - that I realise just how out-of-the-loop I have become. This not helped of course, by the fact that I'm closeted away writing another travel guide. I didn't even realise this new sculpture - "Passing Time" by Anton Parsons - had been installed in the Wilson's Reserve area of Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Tecnology (CPIT). It was commissioned by the CPIT Foundation and the Christchurch City Council Public Art Advisory Group and was installed several weeks ago... or maybe even months ago? I like it. The numbers on the loop depict each year between 1906 (the founding of CPIT) and 2010.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin