Monday, January 24, 2011

Reflecting on Melbourne

It's that time again - when my thoughts turn to Melbourne.
Sadly, I have to wait a few months before I can return, but I've been pottering about in my Melbourne photo files again and here's a few of my favourite cafe and restaurant windows.
Windows, graphics, reflections - always a big attraction for me.
Above, Flinders Station reflected in a pub window.
A whispy set of reflections at the classy Spanish restaurant, Movida Coffea at the Queen Victoria Market
Highrise reflected in the Negroni window
Ito in Chinatown
And some of Ballarat's terrific architecture reflected in the Grand Hotel window.
I still shudder when I remember how baking hot it was the day I visited Ballarat. I fell in love with the place - mostly with its architecture - because certainly the heat just about killed me.....as did missing my footing and falling over and whacking my head on one of those historic stone walls! The stuff of good travel tales.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin