Friday, November 5, 2010

Spring Green

When it's autumn, I say autumn is my favourite time of year, but then comes spring and I have to revise my preferences because there is something so fresh and crisp and full of promise about spring. Fat buds bursting into life on trees, new grass galloping to lush, verdant heights, blossoms.........all well-worn cliches but all speaking of a potential that I can't get enough of.
I took these shots recently on a drive out to Taitapu, just outside Christchurch. Always a sucker for trees in any shape or form, I find a recurring and resounding inspiration in orchards and vineyards. There's something about those soldier-like rows of trees that stirs me in ways I can't explain. So an orchard in the full blush of spring was always going to be a target for my camera. A place of beauty in a time of beauty.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin