Monday, July 13, 2009

Pick of the Bunch

Christchurch. July 2009. Ajr
New Zealand artist, Seraphine Pick is coming to town – well, to Christchurch Art Gallery at least; although in a way, she’s already here – all over town in fact, on all the best billboard spreads. I love the imaginative, story-book-meets-fantasyland quality of the work that is currently enlivening dark alleys, street corners and sidewalk walls. I’m not so sure I can say the same about works like “Looking Like Someone Else” and “Bearded Lady” that accompany the gallery Bulletin text by Felicity Milburn. But I’m willing to suspend final judgement until I’ve visited the actual exhibition – which runs at Christchurch Art Gallery from July 23 to November 22. www.christchurchartgallery.org.nz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin