Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cathedral Rose

Christchurch Cathedral. Dec. 2008. Ajr
It's been a while since I featured one of my church photos on a Sunday - I'm sure some of my friends were beginning to think I had turned into a religious zealot. But it's always been about the architecture - and the serenity of a church space - not my personal religious (or non-religious) affiliations. I just love church buildings and I rarely enter one without coming away with a photograph that I'm happy with. I particularly like this one - taken inside Christchurch Cathedral. That's the gorgeous Rose Window above the main door. I did take copious notes about it on the day but now I can't find them; but I'm sure if you visit the Cathedral's website, you'll be able to read about it. www.christchurchcathedral.co.nz

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin