Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fashion Fantastic

Alannah Hill, Howey Place, Melbourne, Australia. Nov. 2008. Ajr
I LOVE being enticed into a well-designed retail environment – not because I necessarily want to spend money but because I simply appreciate that some (though surprisingly few) retailers inherently understand that beauty, lavishness, good design, quirkiness and originality are key components of the successful retail equation. One Melbourne store that really did it for me was the fashion house, Alannah Hill in Howey Place. It helped that I LOVE hot pink. (Not that I would ever WEAR hot pink!) Nor would I ever fit into one of Alannah Hill’s lusciously-designed garments; but I made a point of going in anyway – just to savour the sumptuous femininity, the colour, the texture, the aromas and the overall mood of extravagance and romance. Lovely! To get a feel for it all, check out Alannah’s fabulous website. It takes a while to load but it’s worth it. www.alannahhill.com.au

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin