Saturday, April 26, 2008

Down and Dusty

When I was in Cunnamulla in the Australian outback, I did just about as much as is possible in any given day – kayaking; huge sheep and cattle station visits; sitting around a campfire with camels and walking over a 70-metre swinging bridge. I went underground to explore opal mines. There were wheat farms, grape farms and date farms to visit; and I cruised up the Warrego River at sunset in the company of millions of roosting birds. I visited mud baths and took a town tour in a 1955 FJ Holden Special. I soaked in naturally hot artesian bore waters and I visited the scene of Eulo’s last lizard races. And let’s not forget the Noorama Picnic Races. And that’s before you even consider the sand-boarding, the claypan boogie, the pub visits, the campfire dinners, the billy tea smokos and the general exploring. All of this a real ‘down and dusty’ outback adventure that scores ten out of ten with me. http://www.stephaniemillsgallery.com.au/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin